Poems of Possibility

 Every once in a while, I come across an artist that just moves me. When they turn out to be a writer that's super good, I get a little jealous. They show just how mundane my own writing is.  And I am better for this realization.

The entire United States of America was introduced to Amanda Gorman at Joe Biden's inauguration. Her poem was so moving and emotional and inspiring.  I am obviously not a religious person, but this is what invocations should be like. 

Here is the text of the poem for those who didn't see it or want to read it: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/amberjamieson/amanda-gorman-biden-inauguration-poem

Here is the video:



I tear up every time I hear this poem. All invocations should be poems.

Let love be our legacy, if only we are brave enough to be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...