Do you see society a competition or a collaboration?

It's an interesting question. I personally see society as a collaboration. We work together to get food, housing, shelter, care for our kids, education and more. I pay taxes so this will happen.

Society can also be seen, as a competition. And there is certainly some of that. Any time there is limited resources, people will compete for them, even when the lack of resource is a matter of perception and not reality.

I think this - is society a competition or collaboration is something we see a lot in our political differences. In fact, I think it can explain a LOT about political differences and more importantly - people's political instincts once they are in office.

As a Humanist, I prefer collaboration, but I'm also aware that there is value to competition. So - for me it's not one or the other. It's both.  And as the saying goes - wisdom is knowing the difference between when to collaborate and when to compete and when to compete through collaboration. And yes - that's an option.

So - please - let's not compete about which view of the world is better - collaboration or competition. We do best when we do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...