|The staff of the AHA|
This is incredibly important because Humanism has no dogma. We are dogma free. What that means is that you don’t have to believe the same things that Humanists do. However, if you do, you are probably a Humanist.
So, what is it that we Humanists do believe? Well, here is the list according to Humanism and its Aspirations. I encourage you to read the entire document for full details.
- Science is the best method for determining knowledge
- Humans are an integral part of nature
- Our values are grounded in human welfare
- Life's fulfillment emerges from individual participation in the service of humane ideals
- Humans are social by nature and find meaning in relationships, and
- Working to benefit society maximizes individual happiness