• What’s the happiest moment you’ve had recently? Getting a regular column in the local paper to write about the Humanist Approach to Happiness- that was cool.
• What song makes your toes tap? You’ve got to Move It – by Wil-I-am from the movie Madagascar. It is impossible not to groove when that song is on.
• What TV show makes you laugh? The Daily Show – some of their jokes a really funny. Otherwise, That Mitchell and Webb Look is hysterical.
• When you need a happy-pick-me-up what movie do you watch? The Beatles: either Help or a Hard Day’s Night.
• What’s your favorite childhood food? I remember being really obsessed with Icees one summer. Collected the points and everything. Don’t know that I ever collected enough to turn them in for something, but boy – do I loves me an Icee.
• What’s your happy beverage? Ummmmm – a White Russian.
• What’s your favorite smell? Honey almond raison lamb cooking in the oven.
• Who makes you smile just thinking of them? My husband.
• Where and when was your favorite vacation? That’s a toughie. Either the Alaska trip where we were plane camping in the Wrangell Elias National Park the day before we got married on a ferry in front of a coastal glacier on Prince William Sound or the canal boat holiday we took in Scotland. Both vacations were awesome!
• What is your favorite holiday? Passover.
• If you had a happy adjective in front of your name what would it be? My mom’s nickname in college was apparently Giggles, but that doesn’t describe me. I have been told on multiple occasions in a variety of settings though that I am a goddess and I do like the sound of Goddess Jen Hancock – so let’s go with that. Yes – that would make me VERY happy.
• What are your favorite happiness quotes? “Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy.” - Robert Anthony
Want more information about the Secret Society of Happy People and Happiness Happens Month? Visit http://www.sohp.com/