Happy 101 Sweet Friends

I've decided to actually (gasp) participate in a blogging meme. Which means - I am going to participate in Happy 101 Sweet Friends. I am to list 10 things that make me happy and then tag 10 friends who make me happy. Since I am all about happiness, this one resonates with me. It is always a good idea to take a moment and think about the things that make us happy. It makes dealing with the little niggling annoying details soooo much easier. So here goes in no particular order.

1) My family. Obviously my son and my husband make me very happy. I picked an excellent man to marry and our son is really cool, funny, interesting and loving. Being with them makes me very happy.

2) Spandau Ballet. Ok I know that sort of dates me, but I have been listening to their new album in my car almost exclusively for a month now and it makes me happy. Spandau has always had that effect on me. Its pretty meditative in a way. Turns out they make my son happy too. He is 4. Sometimes he is upset that we have to leave somewhere fun, and then the Spandau music helps him feel happy and he really likes that. Trust me - if you are unhappy, get yourself some Spandau.

3) Camping. I love camping. I don't remember being that enamored with it when I was a child, but now it is one of my favorite things to do with my family. Of course, my enjoyment is due in large part to the wonderfulness of my husband. I do the packing and set up the bedding. My hubby handles cooking, cleaning and all other assorting duties, so I can just enjoy myself without stressing out. Plus, its economical. So double plus good.

4) A Beach. There is just something about a large body of salt water that relaxes me and makes me happy. (sigh). I have seen whales, dolphins and manatees just by sitting on a beach. I think what makes me happy about a beach is that it allows me to easily commune with nature. When I was ten I wrote a note to myself that my favorite things in the world were the ocean and music. Still are. Which brings me to:

5) Musical Theater. My all time favorites are: Oliver, 1776, Sweeney Todd, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, She Loves Me, and Evita. I know all these shows by heart and can sing them on demand. There are lots of others I enjoy as well - like everything from G&S. My 4 year old is a fan of Oliver now. But my favorite for just pure feel good love is She Loves Me. If you ever get a chance to see this delightful show - do it. My first time was with my dad and we saw it on a whim and we left the theater positively giddy!

6) Singing. I like to sing.

7) Canal Boating. My first canal boat trip was in 2004 on the Union Canal in Scotland. Best Vacation Ever! I am totally hooked and now have a long list of canals I want to vacation on. We did the Erie Canal in 2008. And yes, our son loved that trip It's a great way to vacation. We are eventually hoping to do the Llangollen, Canal du Midi and others.

8) Thinking. Seriously, contemplating the universe is a very enjoyable pastime for me. I usually do my best thinking while hanging out on my porch listening to Hawaiian music.

9) Yoga. I really enjoy the practice of yoga. It feels good to get stronger and more balanced the more you practice. This is one of those things where the more you do it the more you like it.

10) Milkshakes.

OK - now for my favorite blogs:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, Thank you so much for tagging your blog, I am immensely impressed by your writing. I will continue reading it. Thanks once again.

    Best wishes and regard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipeee, that makes me HAPPY!! And milk shakes, too.

    And what a joy to see the way you delight in your boy. That makes me happy too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...