The Holidaze


Surviving and thriving in the holiday season.


This week my son has off from school. Next week too. In fact, he doesn’t go back until next year. In the meantime, I have to entertain him, fix festive meals for the family, wrap presents, respond to requests for family time and friend time and more.  All outside of my normal schedule.

Am I complaining?  No. Because as much as I am a creature of habit, I do like the people in my life and these little breaks are to be welcome. After all, what is the point of working and earning a living if I don’t occasionally take time to enjoy the fruits of my labor with the people I love?

For me, the holidays are not a holidaze. I organize and plan for it in advance. And I get into the spirit wearing a “santa” cap which is actually a phrygian cap (look it up – it symbolizes freedom).  And my family likes to celebrate all the different holidays and holy days that come up this time of year. We light candles, welcome Saturn into our home for Saturnalia, put out milk and cookies for Santa and more. It’s a fun time for us and I hope it is for you too.

Enjoy and don’t forget to set back from the hustle and bustle and enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...