We’re all going to die!

Why mortality is inspiring!




There is a great video from Richard Dawkins reading from his book Unweaving the Rainbow in which he says “we are all going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.”

I don’t know a single Humanist who doesn’t agree with that sentiment. It’s not that we want to die. We want to live life fully. It is just that we recognize how incredible it is that we are alive at all. Our birth was not inevitable. It was a matter of luck and chance.

Knowing that it’s amazing that I am even here, why would I waste this opportunity? Even the bad bits are worth savoring as an experience. Though, admittedly, there are experiences I would have preferred not to have gone through, they do make up who I am now.

Yes, I’m going to die at some point. We’re all going to die. The question is, what are you going to do in the meantime? Continue through life on autopilot? Or embrace life fully?

Here is Dawkin’s We’re all going to die video – enjoy and be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...