One of the Beautiful People

A new Humanist anthem by Julian Lennon?


Pretty much every Humanist I know considers Imagine by John Lennon to be an unofficial Humanist anthem. It’s a great statement about what the world can be like.

I realize this might make me odd, but I am a fan of Julian Lennon. Have been since he put out his first album and I have purchased all his albums since then. He’s got a great pop sensibility and I like his singing.

He recently put out a new single featuring Steven Tyler called Someday. It’s a beautiful psychedelic number that evokes George Harrison and John Lennon all mixed together in a nice melange of feel good hope for the future. I love that he borrowed “How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people” and incorporated it into the song.

Anyway, for me, it’s a bit like a new Humanist anthem, though it doesn’t quite replace Duran Duran’s Reach out for the sunrise. It’s a lovely video though.





At the urging of one of my friends, I decided to put together a Humanist songs playlist – here it is: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKP17G_zwgeLJHzNgfp-HavRVKCevUrDL - what songs would you add? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...